Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Plaxico Burress, Fantasy Football Fool of the Week

Of course the year I pick up Plaxico Burress after his years of being injury prone - he starts the year 100% healthy, puts up decent numbers - AND - get suspended by the Giants for insubordination!!

WTF?!?!?!

Plax, you're a Super Bowl champ. You got the new, freshly signed contract you've been whining about for awhile. What is your problem?????

Giants are on a Week 4 bye, but now Amani Toomer and Steve Smith are good pickups. Even Domenik Hixon in a deep league.

Trent Green starts for Marc Bulger in St. Louis this week. Not sure if that makes a difference. Steven Jackson owners like me certainly hope it makes some difference.

Some other waiver wire potential

Rashard Mendenhall, PIT - Now that Fast Willie is out for at least this coming week

LeRon McClain, BAL - Whenever I hear the name McClain I think of "Die Hard"...but I digress... Willis McGahee is back but who knows how long he'll stay healthy and McClain is getting TDs

Steve Slaton, HOU - He's probably gone but if he's there...

Brandon Lloyd, CHI - Seems to be Orton's top receiving option at this point

Pierre Thomas, NO - Reggie Bush will see alot of action receiving and I'm not sure what the problem is with Deuce McA, but Thomas could be the beneficiary

Lance Moore, Robert Meachem, NO - With Colston and Shockey out, somebody has got to catch passes

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Great list of guys. I'm riding Meachem this week.

I thought Plax grew up too.