Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Where Do You Draft the Suspended?

Chris Henry just resigned with the Bengals and is out for the first 4 games.

Brandon Marshall is out for 2-3 games, depending on if he goes to counseling.

Steve Smith is out for a game.

The nature of fantasy football says that you must win now, much like the real NFL. You can't go down 0-3 in a 12 or 14 team league.

Fighting your way back means getting on a streak to finish 8-5 or 7-6 at season's end. Not impossible, but the odds are stacked against you.

You've got to focus on drafting guys who are going to start right away, Week 1.



So where so you draft these guys?

I say it depends on your number of starting WRs, and how many reserve players you can hold.

Marshall is a beast and I believe is going to have an excellent year. I am looking at him in the 3rd-4th round. Because the latest he can come back is Week 4, he'll be right in time for the first week of byes.

FYI - Week 4 Byes are Lions, Colts, Dolphins, Patriots, Giants, Seahawks

Henry is a nice downfield option for the Bengals and may play a more significant role now that Ocho Cinco separated his shoulder and TJ is nursing his own injuries. Great talent, just can't stay out of trouble. 4th-5th round for me.

I never liked Steve Smith. He puts up numbers, I'll give him that, but I like to draft WRs with size, like TO, Santonio Holmes, Plaxico, who can fight off and outjump the generally smaller cornerbacks. But if you like him I would say 2nd-3rd round since he's only going to miss one game.

0 Comments: