Friday, August 15, 2008

Drafting Strategy

I'm picking 5th in a non-PPR and 12th in a PPR.

I've been going back and forth about my strategy in picking players for each league.

For the 5th pick - Non PPR
Tough one. LT and AP will be gone. Westbrook too. I'm not sold on Addai. Steven Jackson is not in camp. I might go with...Marion the Barbarian!

There is something to be said about picking the #1 RB in one of the best offenses in the league. Steven Jackson if he is there, is in a contract year and has everything to prove after a season where the Rams were dismal. But I'm really getting concerned about this holdout. Could he feasibly miss the start of the season...the entire season???

Marc Bulger is a injury waiting to happen. If he goes down...well trouble. 8 in the box for SJax. Quick name the Rams backup QB. Yeah I thought so. There is a reason why you can't.

For the 12th pick - PPR
All the top tier running backs will be gone. As well as Brady and Moss. I'm thinking two top tier wide receivers.

Running back by committee rules. So does it make sense with the 12th pick to grab a RB you could get in round 3-4 with comparable numbers. There are only a limited number of top flight WRs too. PPR means those WRs get 5-10 more points each week also. It also means they won't be as consistent as your RB. It could go like this

WK1
8 Catches, 165 Yards, 2 Touchdowns

WK2
3 Catches, 77 Yards, 0 Touchdowns


Decisions, decisions....

0 Comments: